Bookstock 2018, Woodstock's annual literary festival, is celebrating its 10th consecutive year July 27 to 29 with a superlative array of prominent authors, artists, performers, and teachers.
Headliners of this 10th edition include Richard Russo, Robert Pinsky, Alexander Chee, and Ezzedine Choukri Fishere.
Besides its 30+ presenters, Bookstock includes a huge used book sale and a vintage book sale. Publishers and authors gather in a spacious tent to display their publications and talk to participants about their work.
The Artistree Gallery in nearby South Pomfret stages UNBOUND, an exhibit of artist creations inspired by books. At different venues, workshops are led by talented authors dealing with writing and poetry. Also on the program are a poetry slam and a literary brunch at a local restaurant.
9:00 am to 2:00 pm
- Vintage book sale, Norman Williams Public Library
- Used book sale, The Green
10:00 to 10:40 am
- Abigail Carroll: A Gathering of Larks, North Universalist Chapel
- Hannah Howard: Feast, breakfast at Bentley's Restaurant
11:00 am to 4:00 pm
- UNBOUND art exhibit, Artistree
11:00 to 11:40 am
- Amy Traverso: The Apple Lover's Cookbook, Bentley's Restaurant
12:00 to 12:40 pm
- Bill Torrey: Storytelling, Norman Williams Public Library
1:00 to 1:40 pm
- Michael Caduto: The Garden of Wisdom: Earth Tales from the Middle East, Marsh-Billings-Rockefeller National Historical Park
2:00 to 4:00 pm
- Jay Craven: Wetwear, film screening at Artistree's The Grange Theatre